My name is Rickard Andersson and this is my little slice of the Internet. While I have your attention, I thought I should mention a few things about myself that might or might not be of interest to you. Here goes.
I make a living working as a developer at Omegapoint. On top of my 9 to 5, I sometimes take on a bit of freelance work, but in an effort to keep my workload at a reasonable level, I try not to overdo it.
My entry into the world of web development was around 2001 or 2002 when I started working on a PHP based discussion board that would later be dubbed PunBB. I worked on the project for many years and eventually invited a number of other developers into the project. In 2007, the project was acquired by Informer Technologies and shortly thereafter, I decided to step down as lead developer. Not because I did not get along with the new owners, but because I was working too much and was fed up with forum software. Around the same time, some of the old PunBB developers forked the project and created FluxBB. I wish both projects the best of luck in the future.
Reading the previous paragraphs, people might get the impression I spend every waking hour working on computers, but thankfully, that’s not the case. I enjoy watching movies and TV shows, playing golf, drinking top notch coffee, hanging out with friends and family and every now and then going out and having a drink or two.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I was born in 1977.
- I am married to the wonderful Lina.
- I have
a son called Johntwo sons (!), John and Carl.
- My first computer was an Atari 800.
- My second computer was a Commodore 64.
- I am a proud atheist (Richard Dawkins is a personal hero), but I like the idea of karma.
- I live in Helsingborg, Sweden.
- I believe myself to be a very cheerful and happy person.
- I started playing golf three years ago and my current handicap is
- My favorite movie of all time is Blade Runner.
- I played in a band for 7 years, but gave it up to go to college.
I drive a 1988 Corolla that has done less than 20 000 miles (3000 mil).I drive a Volkswagen Passat (I’m a family man now after all).
- I shared a 400 sq feet one-room apartment with my wife for over 9 years. We have since “upgraded”.
- I really enjoy life.
And finally, here’s a picture of yours truly.